Bunny Raven is episode 37 of the Teen Titans series and the 11th episode of Season 3.
PlotEditThe Amazing Mumbo tries to rob the Bank of Perez, and once again the Titans intervene in his business. Raven in particular is anything but impressed with Mumbo's magic, so Mumbo decides to draw her into his hat to teach her a lesson. The other Titans try to hold her back, but they are yanked in as well; Raven gets separated from the others ... and is turned into a blue-cloaked bunny rabbit! Mumbo reveals that he has decided to make Raven his (highly unwilling) assistant for his grand show, in which he intends to get rid of the Titans once and for all. Despite evidence to the contrary, Raven still insists that all this is just an illusion, but Mumbo refuses to tell how he accomplishes all this under the motto: "A magician never reveals his secrets."
The other Titans quickly find Raven inside the hat dimension, but are all the more quicker overpowered by Mumbo, who strips them off their powers and equipment and turns them into animals: Robin into a monkey, Starfire into a cat, and Cyborg into a bear. The exception is Beast Boy, whose shape-changing powers Mumbo restricts to inanimate objects only. Despite their best efforts, the Titans are restrained and find themselves unable to escape.Finally, Mumbo opens his show, yanking the Titans onto the stage one by one for his introductionary acts before the grand finale. The Titans try to think of a way to escape, but with the restrictions Mumbo has placed on them and their sliky soft skins, it appears to be a futile task - until Raven gets an idea of how to outtrick Mumbo, an idea involving several cans of paint and a paintbrush.
Mumbo is finally ready for the finale, and he has the Titanimals' cages lifted onto the stage - to find them all seemingly empty! Baffled, he opens the door to Raven's cage, but makes out nothing before Raven, who - like the other Titans - is painted to blend in with the stage, kicks him in the face, expelling him, the Titans and his loot out of the hat and breaking his spells (who are back to normal, have their powers back and their beauty). As he is arrested, Mumbo eagerly asks Raven about how she managed to pull off her trick, but Raven smugly responds: "A magician never reveals her secrets."
- This is one of the only episodes in the Teen Titans series with a musical number sung by one of the actual voice actors. the other episode is Trouble in Tokyo.
- Mumbo's song is a reference to the Genie's introduction in Aladdin.
- The two eldery Mumbos in the loge making puns on the show are an obvious reference to The Muppet Show characters Statler and Waldorf, who likewise keep heckling with sarcastic puns in their show.
- When Mumbo appears as a fortune teller in a booth it references Big.
- The Mumbo stage manager is also an obvious reference to The Muppet Show.
- When Robin is turned into a monkey his cape is yellow instead of its usual black resembling that of other Robins from the comics.
- Starefire's quote about being a cat in a hat is an obvious reference to Dr. Seuss' "Cat in the Hat"
- Starfire: I do not like being a cat in this hat!
- Beast Boy: Um ... why does that rabbit sound like Raven?
Raven: Because I am Raven.
Starfire: Oh, you look so cute! [Raven growls at her] Erm ...
- Beast Boy: [via telegraph] What happened?
Cyborg: [exhausted] He made me do a jig.
Starfire: [gasps in horror] That madman must be stopped! [pauses] Please, what is a 'jig'?
- Beast Boy: [to Mumbo] Oh, yeah? Well, whatcha gonna do to me? I already turn into animals!
Mumbo: Good point. Mumbo-jumbo!
[Beast Boy turns into an ornate green lamp.]
- Beast Boy: [as a green victrola] I got it!
Cyborg: It can't involve a cannon ball, driving a tank or unleashing magician-eating sharks. [Robin cranks BB up.]
Beast Boy: I don't got it.
- Beast Boy: Maybe all of this is more of Mumbo's mumbo-jumbo. Just a big trick.
Starfire: It all seems awfully real to me.
Raven: Starfire's right. Whatever happens in here is real, even if it is a trick. But that doesn't mean we can't perform an even bigger trick!
- Mumbo: How'd ya do it? Come on kid, just between you and me...
Raven: A magician never reveals her secrets [she smiles, puts on Mumbo's top hat, and winks.]