The Teen Titans find out that the end of the world has come, and Raven decides to make it their best day ever.
The End - Part 1 is the 50th episode of the series and the 11th episode of the Teen Titans season 4.
The episode begins with Slade and Trigon having a conversation. Trigon tells Slade to bring Raven and he will get his promise. Slade accepts, thinking it's a beautiful day for the end of the world. The scene suddenly switches to Raven in her room, just as the sun comes up. She wakes up and finds Trigon's symbol burning on her arms. She screams "No!", realizing that today is the day she will fulfill her destiny to become the portal for Trigon to enter the Earth, therefore causing an end to the life of all it's inhabitants. As she screams the symbols disappear. Raven decides to be extra nice to her teammates and try to make their last day the best ever. She makes pancakes for breakfast, though she isn't a good cook, but Robin quietly told Cyborg and Beast Boy to be nice about it, because he could tell Raven was really trying to be nice. Starfire said the pancakes reminded her of a dish at Tamaran, and Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Robin gave their pancakes to her. The alarm signifies an attack, and they leave.
As they hey battle Plasmus, Raven stops Robin from hitting a building. He says "Thanks! I owe you one!" and Raven quietly mumbles, "Yeah. Sure." She protects all her teammates during the battle, and ends up defeating Plasmus. Raven later takes the team out for pizza, and Robin mentions that she's being quiet today. She takes them to the park and suggest some activities to do. She states that they have a lot to do until sunset. Suddenly, a solar eclipse happens and blocks the sun. Raven is tossed around by an invisible force, and as her teammates look at her arm, they see the mark of Trigon. She passes out and comes to, scolded by her teammates; 'Why didn't you tell us today's the day?' Her teammates realize that she is destined to become the portal so the earth will be destroyed, and immediately take her to a quarantine room, which they constructed without Raven's knowledge. Raven says over and over that it's hopeless, but her team doesn't listen and they lock her in. Beast Boy gives her a penny for good luck and she says "All the luck in the world couldn't help us now."
Raven meditates and Trigon makes contact with her mind as Slade appears outside the tower, with a group of fire demons. After threatening to hurt Raven's friends, Trigon makes Raven come out of the tower and go with Slade. Her team tries to stop her, but she knocks them out and leaves. While they walk to the place where Raven must summon Trigon, she warns Slade that she knows her father, and that Trigon will not keep whatever promise he made to him. Slade doesn't believe this and says that Raven is merely a pawn in Trigon's plan. Raven then remarks that they have that in common, and once Slade's purpose is done, he will be irrelevant. This angers Slade and he starts to ignite in flames, only to be grabbed by the fire demons. Slade orders them to release him, but they ignore him. Raven then realizes that Slade is already insignificant. Even his own army won't listen to him. The Fire Demons then release him and leave him there on Raven's orders.
The Titans soon recover from the knockout and decide one last time to stop Raven from fulfilling her destiny. Slade then confronts Trigon and demands his repayment. Trigon then refuses, saying the gem has returned on her own free will. Slade then reminds him about the deal. Trigon then just laughs at him. Enraged, Slade starts throwing fireballs at Trigon, which don't harm him at all. Trigon then takes away his powers and Slade seemingly vanishes. The Titans reach Raven and once again try to convince her and saying that no one knows their destiny. She agrees by telling them she didn't know she could make such wonderful friends and that she wanted to make their last day perfect only to have them worry about her the entire time. Robin grabs her hand and tells her "That's what friends are for." But Raven says "And as my friends you have to let me go". She then traps them to prevent them from stopping her, as they try stop her she proceeds to open the portal. Trigon then emerges from it.
- Trigon: The time has come. The prophecy shall be fulfilled. Tonight at dusk, when the planets align, the portal will be opened. Finally, I shall be free from this fiery prison and the Earth shall be mine.
- Cyborg: So far, everything seems normal.
Beast Boy: Yep. Just your normal last day on earth.
Robin: It's no one's last day on earth!
- Slade: It's a beautiful day for the end of the world.
- Raven: (becoming the portal) The gem was born of evil's fire, the gem shall be his portal, he comes to claim, he comes to sire, the end of all things mortal!
- Slade: The chamber is prepared for you, everything is ready for Trigon's ascent.
- Raven: You're a fool, whatever he promised he won't deliver.
- Slade: Dear child, you don't know what you're talking about.
- Raven: You think I don't know my own father?
- Slade: You are merely the portal, an insignifficant pawn in Trigon's game.
- Raven: Then I guess we have that in common, and once he gets what he wants, you'll be insignifficant too.
- Slade: (summoning fire on his hands) SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! (then gets grabbed by Trigon's minions) GET OFF ME! DO AS I COMMAND!!!
- Raven: (in evil state) Come to think of it Slade, you're already insignifficant even your own army won't listen to you. Leave him. (Trigon's minions unhand Slade and leave with Raven).