The Prophecy is the 46th episode of the Teen Titans series and the 7th episode of the fourth season.
After her previous confrontation with Slade, Raven begins to wonder why he has returned. After hearing theories from the Titans about the "S" on Slade's forehead, an alert sounds in the Tower, and the reason for it is none other than Slade.
The Titans quickly rush to the scene only to get easily beaten by Slade, who uses his demonic fire powers to his advantage. Slade has another message delivered; he explains: The "S" is the Mark of Scath and there's something at the library that provides even more information about Raven's destiny. The Titans travel to the abandoned city library, only to find another Mark of Scath, which reveals a secret underground path that leads to another chamber. In there, statues begin to speak of the prophecy and the "gem".
Back at the library, the Titans find several more Marks of Scath that lead to a chamber where Slade awaits. He claims that the "gem" is missing and it will open the portal to bring Trigon to the mortal world.
Raven finally returns, glowing with the mark of Scath, and beats Slade down, refusing to accept her destiny. The Titans are shocked at Raven's glowing appearance, and after she defeats Slade does she finally tell them her dark destiny: she is the daughter of Trigon the Terrible, also known as Scath, and that she is the "gem" that will summon the demon lord to Earth. Raven also reveals that her destiny is dark, and that it is impossible to change the inevitable. To her surprise, her teammates vow never to let the End of the World occur.
Meanwhile, Slade informs Trigon that the prophecy has been foretold which he then says that Slade may one day "reclaim what he lost" if he continues to prove himself.
- Silkie makes a cameo in the episode.
- Cyborg cries when the Titans are falling in the library.
- Robin: New powers? Cryptic threats? Targeting Raven? Slade’s playing a whole new game now.
- Raven: Leave my friends out of this!
Slade: I didn't bring them into this. You did.
- Slade: (Points to the mark on his forehead) You want to know about this, don't you? How many sleepless nights have you spent trying to unravel its secrets? Well, let me put your mind at ease: it's called the Mark of Scath, and it's about to become very popular.
- Raven's Skeletons: The gem was born of evil's fire. The gem shall be his portal. He comes to claim, he comes to sire. The end of all things mortal.
- Slade: (About to kill 4 of the Titans) Trust me. This won't hurt a bit.
Raven: Wanna bet?
- Arella: It is too late for Earth, just as it was too late for Azarath.
- Raven: I'm not afraid of you anymore!
Slade: You may not fear me, but look who's afraid of you.
- Raven: The ancient order used the name "Scath" to protect the true identity of their master. We know him as Trigon.
Cyborg: Are you serious? That's who we're up against? Oh, man!
Starfire: His cruelty is legendary, even on my world.
Beast Boy: So, what makes you go all glowy in the dark?
Raven: It's a warning. It means Trigon is coming-and the way he gets here is through me. I'm not just a person. I'm a portal.
Robin: But, Raven, why you?
Raven: Because...Trigon...is my father.